Saturday, July 27, 2013

Oh ! I was Wrong. I was agape and my heart was burning when I was passing Banke, Bardiya and Kailali district for Dhangadi. Those small hut were really paying much for their uncomfortable life. Whole the day was raining, some were busy shifting plastic sheets of their roof and some were busy fishing in Ghol ( water inundated land). I can't imagine how may days of such heavy rainfall has affected and will affect them this year and years to come.

I don't see any government support there. Off-course they are staying in Jungle, they are staying illegally, but what if they obey the rules?; nothing. Yes, I realized they are doing good just for living, oh god! its painful living.

I have seen them since last 10 years, I can't notice any changes since then except some new colored tent and plastic sheets on roof top. But surprisingly, the way I was looking them has changed. It was 2010 July when I saw these slums  last time. I had a biased mind then. I was totally in against of them. But now, I support them, they have paid much than value of  that piece of land they are covering; heavy rainfall, fear of wildlife, burning hot and much more. In return they are living a dark life without light, without safe drinking water and without basic human needs.

New Land utilization act has  recently been developed and endorsed by government  but the implementation is much more difficult. Thats' why land ownership and utilization are important to discuss. I remember those Dalit community in Mechinagar municipality in Jhapa district of Nepal. It was really shocking, just  5 KM away from center of Jhapa, Santhal Community were living without own land and home. They are working for their daily expenses, no saving, no future. Interestingly,  their demand was for ration card from government.  What a shame to us ( government) we even can't ensure food, a basic need of our national, then why we are proud of us, what we are doing for nation; nothing.

All these things are linked one or another way. A Nepalese has never been benefited for being citizen of Nepal. In this situation, nation doesn't have right to snatch the small hut people living in, small Jungle area people staying for because they have paid much for it, uncomfortable poor life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blogger

About The Blogger
Badri Khanal is An Agriculture Economist from Nepal
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Flag Counter

Flag Counter

Disclaimer

This Blog does not represent communication for Blogger's Employer and Professional Societies. These are Blogger's personal views, experiences and whenever applicable cited from somewhere ( with citation given).

Feedback

Feedback to this blog can be delivered at badri.khanal1@gmail.com.